Tuesday, June 13, 2006


"The Grand Canal," Venice, Italy - 2004

Today while trying to find a Father's Day gift, I came across a book, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. Okay, I have to tell you . . . that reminds me of my "Passionate Life" speech--27 things I want to do before I die, and many of those things I wanted to do were in the book--that is places to see! I guess it's no secret to those who know me best, that I love to travel! And one of my favorite places is Italy: my son was born there, we lived there six years; I love the Italian food, language, and culture. So the first chapter I turned to was Italy, of course, and I had to make sure I had visited all the places that were on their list. With a few exceptions, I have seen all the "passionate" places in Italy except, are you ready? - Pompeii, the "Leaning Tower of Pisa," Verona, and "The Last Supper" in Milan at Santa Maria delle Grazie. On my last trip to "Milano"--it was closed! That was my third trip to Milan and I left without seeing "The Last Supper." Okay, what's my point here? Do you have a list of places you've not seen, but always wanted to? Start making the list and crossing them off. There's no time like the present to "live" your passion! I will leave you with a picture postcard of Venice. Marcel Proust writes, "When I went to Venice, my dream became my home." Enjoy your ride down the Grand Canal--experiencing the city from a uniquely Venetian perspective.

Living Life Passionately,


Connie

No comments: