Monday, June 05, 2006

DREAMING OF A NEW JOB?!

This morning I read on MSN the "Five Dream Jobs of Women." I looked to see if Author/Speaker was on there and "no" it wasn't. But what was listed intrigued me; I guess because I've actually thought seriously of doing one of them! Here they are ladies (keep dreaming!): Hollywood Wardrobe Stylist (no thanks!); Vacation Tour Director (Yes! Of course, it also pays the least--$20,000 per year--but who cares?!). After living in Italy for six years, I realized it's a BIG world and I want to see more of it! Actually, I considered a job with "Pirillo Tours"--only because I speak "Italian" and I love Italy (need I say more!). Here's one that made me laugh: Ice Cream Creator! On a recent speaking engagement, I was in Stowe, Vermont and passed by the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Plant and went on tour and met the "ice cream tasters." Except they call themselves "food scientists" for a whopping $56,000 per year! You can have your ice cream and eat it too! Okay, are you ready? Number Four: Concert Promoter (maybe!--I guess it depends on who I'm promoting!). And last but not least, Doll Fashion Designer. Okay you "GI Janes" at $68,000 per year you too could learn to like dolls--again?!

They all sound fun and interesting, but I'm going to keep my "job"--writing about my passion!

That's what's on my heart today!

Living Life Passionately,


Connie Pombo

"Delight yourselves in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." -Psalm 37:4

No comments: