Sunday, June 04, 2006


God Allows U-Turns for Women Book Signing, North Wales, PA

From left to right: Carolyn Ruch, Susan Kelly Skitt, Tammy Gehman, Connie Pombo.

At Barnes & Noble in North Wales, PA on Saturday, June 3, the U-Turn authors and I had our third book signing. It was pouring down rain and sure enough it proved to be a good day for having a book signing (authors--keep that in mind!). What a joy it has been sharing these signings/discussions with Susan Kelly Skitt of Chalfont, PA, Carolyn Ruch from Hatfield, PA, and Tammy Gehman from Allentown, PA. Their U-Turn stories are amazing and what a gifted group of women that I have had the pleasure of being with since our first book signing on April 1 (no joke!). Had it not been for our stories and inclusion in the series, our paths would have never crossed.

This morning on the way to church my husband said, "If you could be doing anything right now at this time in your life, would what it be?" Without hesitation, I said, "Exactly what I'm doing now!" For the first time in my life, I can truly say, "I'm passionate about what I do!" Unfortunately, it all came with a cost!Through my tragedy, pain, and loss, I found my passion--speaking and writing.

Don't wait for something tragic to happen to ask yourself the same question. Evaluate your life: Do you want to be doing what you're doing in a year from now? It's estimated that 84% of Americans dislike their career or profession and 63% don't want to get out of bed on Monday morning because they dislike what they do. Are you one of those statistics? It's never too late to evaluate your life and make a U-Turn!

I'll be guest blogging on the U-Turn website the week of July 3-9. Be sure to check it out at www.godallowsuturns.com.

That's what's on my heart!

Living Life Passionately,


Connie

2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

Who are those amazing women in white? Connie, it's been a delight working with you and the other U-Turn girls. People witness your zest for living and cannot walk away without being changed. I am one of them! You truly live "The Passionate Life!"

Connie Pombo said...

Yes, we are the the "White Nightingales " of God Allows U-Turns, singing our praises of God's goodness in despair, God's hope in tragedy, and God's everlasting arms to hold us when life just isn't fair! But this one thing I know, God never allows anything to touch us until it has first passed through His hands. I guess that's what makes me so "passionate" about sharing my message.

A woman at our last book signing thought we were all sisters. I responded, "Yes, we are U-Turn Sisters in the Lord." Thanks so much for your comments Susan!