Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Day without the Internet

Yesterday my modem went out on my highspeed Internet and a new one had to be ordered through my Internet provider, so now I'm using "dial-up" (and I thought highspeed was slow!). To get an old password for dial up re-activated, I spoke with four technicians from India: Raymond, Michael, Ben, and James, obviously not their real names. The problem: I couldn't understand a word they were saying, so I asked my computer technician whom I had called to help interpret. He couldn't understand them either. Three hours later, we got someone from the states who solved the problem in 3 minutes instead of 3 hours. My point: How did we become so dependent on the Internet in the first place and how did out-sourcing become so prolific?

I'm passionate about writing, but when there is a systems' failure, my passion dwindles. Today, I'm up and running (mind you a tad bit slower), but I realized through the whole experience, I'm entirely too dependent on the "computer"; it's my best friend and worst enemy. But as a writer, I can take any situation--bad or good--and write about it! Stay tuned for the tales of: Raymond, Michael, Ben and James (I wonder what their "real" names are). If you have a "passionate" Internet story, I'd love to hear from you.

In the meantime stay connected!

Living Life Passionately,

Connie

No comments: