This past week has been interesting! My hubby went in the hospital last Sunday for emergency back surgery which took place on Tuesday and he was released on Wednesday. And I have been his nurse for a week -- almost! This infrequent blogger has now gone two weeks without blogging; if there's a record...I've already won it!
This picture was taken right before Mark went into surgery; he wouldn't take off his wedding band, so they taped it on him!
I've spent my share of time in hospital waiting rooms and I hope that will be it for a while.
But I did get a lot of reading and writing done for "Coffee Lover's Devotions to Go!" And "yes" there are some hosptial coffee stories in there as well.
In researching one of the stories, I came across my "Passionate To-Do List" that was made after I was diagnosed with cancer. So many have e-mailed me through the years and asked what I had written down for the 27 things I wanted to do before I died, so I thought this new year of 2010 would be a good time to share it with you in hopes that you can make a list as well. This is not a New Year's resoltion type of list, but a long-term sustainable goal list. These were randomly written, so make sure that you don't linger too long (your heart will guide you!).
This list was written in 1996, so here goes:
1. Take a cruise.
2. Write a book.
3. Go back to Italy to visit friends.
4. Go to Bar Harbor, Maine (Acadia National Park).
5. See Jeremy graduate from high school.
6. See Jon graduate from high school.
7. See my boys through safe passage into adulthood.
8. Take a trip to Bermuda.
9. Volunteer my time and efforts into Relay for Life.
10. Give workshops on what to say and how to help someone through the cancer journey.
11. Start Women's Mentoring Ministries.
12. Run a 10k race.
13. Spend a weekend alone in Cape May, New Jersey and take pictures of the sunset.
14. Give education classses to resident physicans on what to say to newly diagnosed cancer patients.
15. Live for five years cancer free.
16. Live each day in the present moment.
17. Never miss a sunset
18. Go to Venice, Italy with my hubby.
19. Secure Life Insurance as a cancer survivor.
20. Start an Internet Gift Basket Company for cancer surivors.
21. Grow a rose garden.
22. Teach Italian.
23. Never let a day go by without being thankful for life!
24. See Jeremy graduate from college.
25. See Jon graduate from college.
26. Read the Bible through each year for the rest of my life!
27. See one of my son's get married!
Jon and Kim will be married on May 30, 2010! Am I making a new list? Yep, it's already done, but it's a little different than the original (quite a bit different!). Blessings for a great 2010!
Living Life Passionately,