Monday, December 08, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas!

This is my new color for the holidays—pink!

It all started when Kim and Dave, our next door neighbors (actually across the street neighbors), gave me a pink ribbon ornament for our gigantic Christmas tree. Since then everything has been coming up pink: pink ribbons, pink socks, pink fleece, pink… well, you get the idea!

I wanted to dress the entire Christmas tree pink (but there’s just too much testosterone in this family for that), and Jon is coming home from college next week and I don’t want to scare him away (yet!).

So we have one pink ribbon ornament—front and center—to remind us of the 12 Christmases that I have had (just like the 12 days of Christmas, but in years!).

Things will be back to “normal” after theholidays and I’ll pick a new look, but for now let’s just be thankful that everything is coming up pink!

Blessings and Joy,




10 comments:

Tracy Ruckman said...

What a fun surprise when I came to visit today! The white look a couple of days ago made me feel like I was in the wrong place, but somehow, pink snowflakes fit nicely! :-)

You need a pink ornament for each year! How awesome!!

You are precious, my friend. I love your vitality and your encouraging spirit!

Connie Pombo said...

Pink snowflakes are perfect aren't they? And "yes" I just might have to do that...keep adding something pink each year.

Now, if I could just get those Christmas cards done! :)

Flea said...

One of the patient's where I work has a pink tree with pink lights in her room. I'm guessing that from the window it has a bordello look to it. Glad you steered clear of that! :)

Connie Pombo said...

I think I need to stay away from "blog" wallpapering for a while; I don't know what I'm doing, and as you can see my sidebar is in the footer. Oops. I don't dare mess with that now! After Christmas, I'll go back to plain not fancy!

I think!

HUGS!

SweetAnnee said...

I love that ornament Connie..and yes.
a whole pink tree is too much for the guys

I have one in the office and it's mostly my domain

smiles, Dena

Flea said...

hey. Did I tell you that you won the Personality Predicaments contest on my blog? I worked last night and have no clue what I've told to whom. Sorry.

Susan Skitt said...

Oh how lovely. I am so glad God has given you those twelve special years and all the other years to come that He has ordained in His plan :)

Everything is just "peachy" or should I say "pinky"? (smile)

As for your blog, I'm loving the fun colors :) Very you!

And I hear you about guys in the house, as you know I have two boys too and there is not a thing pink in sight, well, except for my clothes or jewelry or stuff like that - lol!

Connie Pombo said...

Dena,

Thanks for visiting. I just read your inspiring story and was so moved. I'll continue to keep thinking "pink" thoughts for you!

Blessings to you! I'll be back to visit often!

HUGS!

Connie Pombo said...

Flea,

I WON something (personality predicaments?!?!). LOL!

I'll have to run over and check out your blog.

HUGS!

Connie Pombo said...

Susan Girl,

Oh good, you understand the pink thing!

God is good and I'm thankful for these past 12 years (Jon graduates from college May 16, 2009)! I think there are going to be more than a few tears flowing during that graduation!

I have a breast cancer friend who colored her hair pink when it grew back in (I guess this is about as wild as this child is going to get--for now!).

HUGS!