Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Basket Full of Eggs

An interesting phenomenon has taken place on my door wreath: a nest of eggs. Originally, they were white eggs (dove eggs to be exact), but a severe windstorm blew the eggs out of the basket.


Then along came the robbins and took over the abandoned nest and splattered mud on the door to rebuild it. I don’t know if they “spit” on it or if they carried mud on their wings, but it was (and still is) a mess. Every time I open the door, the birds fly out. A lot of activity has been going on in that nest.


Yesterday, my neighbor asked me how the “white” eggs were doing and I said, “I have no idea; they come and they go!”


She reached inside the nest and said, “There are four eggs.”



I rushed for my camera and tried to take a picture, but I wasn’t tall enough to reach the nest. Kim said, “I’ll do it.” She stood on her tip-toes and flashed a picture.”

Four blue eggs.


Was there an Easter egg coloring contest going on?


Nope.


The doves left and the robbins took over.


Writing and publishing are the same way. I marvel at the process (sometimes!), but I never give up. Three of my stories were finalists with one publisher and were deemed “worthy of publication.” So I submitted them to another publisher and all three were published.


What if I just “sat” on my “eggs”? I know for sure they would still be in my “writing to be published” file and not in a book.


Don’t sit on your “eggs” and don’t put all your eggs in one basket!


Living Life Passionately,


2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

Wow about those eggs and what a great insight about publishing, so true.

Pass the word, I'm having a book contest giveaway on my blog. The winner will be announced on Mother's Day!

Connie Pombo said...

Okay, I'm on my way over!

HUGS!