Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Month of Pink Turns Orange!

Our neighbors, Dave and Kim, came knocking at our door this evening with a surprise! The month of pink turned “orange”! Can you believe it? This is a gift I have never received before—a pumpkin with a “pink” ribbon!

Isn’t it awesome?

Breast cancer is definitely not a “treat,” but this pumpkin certainly put a SMILE on my face.

The other evening, Kim and Dave brought over a pink ribbon organizer (something I definitely need), and a Christmas ornament with a pink ribbon in the glass globe. There seems to be no end to the month of "PINK"!

Thank you, Kim and Dave, for your gift of pumpkin carving!


Blessings!

6 comments:

Lonely said...

Connie,

That pumpkin is so neat, and the Christmas ball with the pink ribbon in it, I wish I knew where to get one. You know why I would like to get one of those!

Good neighbors are so hard to come by anymore, I have several as well, if they do not see me around for several days, and I have not told them I am going away, they will be calling on the phone, or coming over and knocking on my doors. Since Carole has gone to "Glory," they are concerned about me, and I really do appreciate it!

My good deed in return, when I go to Florida, I usually bring back fresh grapefruit and oranges for them, which I will be doing if I go to Florida for Christmas this year, to spend with my Son Scott.

Enough for now, have a great weekend!

May God Bless You and Mark,

Terry

Greg C said...

That is an awesome pumpkin. As I said in another blog today, you can make today positive or negative. It is your choice.

So what part of Florida are you visiting? My sister has orange trees. :)

Connie Pombo said...

Oh, how I miss all that fruit in Florida (although when we lived in Bradenton the prices were always higher on the local fruit!). There's nothing like fresh-squeezed Florida orange juice.

Yes, we are fortunate; our neighbors are the BEST!

Connie Pombo said...

Hey Greg,

Yes, we have the best neighbors in the country; we really do!

So where are your sister's orange trees (smile!)?

Susan Skitt said...

How sweet Connie:) That was really thoughtful of your neighbors!

Joel and I carved a "spooky tree" pumpkin. I'll have to send you a picture of it all lit up. (smile)

Miss you girl :) Our time at the Jigger Shop was too short. We'll have to set up a date sometime to meet for lunch or take a walk, what do you think?

Connie Pombo said...

Definitely time for lunch! Give me a date and a time and I'll be there!