Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dollar Tree Deals

Have you noticed what’s happening to the Dollar Tree stores near you? They are barely able to keep things in stock, and when you find something you want…grab it! Because I guarantee it won’t be there tomorrow.

Last week, I found some great buys: “Got to be Sexy” hair care products (yes, I use them!). Not because I want to be sexy, it’s just that they actually work on my hair. So I bought ONE of everything.Yesterday, I went to the same store, located the same aisle for “said” products, and glared at the empty shelf-space.

“Where’s did they go?” I asked the manager.

“You have to be quick…those went in one day,” he responded.

Yesterday, I saw something else I absolutely love—cheesecake(the itsy bitsy ones!). They’re only 100 calories (Mrs. Smith's Singles). And when you pair them up with fruit, they're simply divine.

It was my consolation prize for missing the $6.99 hair care products for only ONE DOLLAR!

My motto: A dollar saved is a dollar earned.

5 comments:

Greg C said...

Well Connie, I never figured you for a Dollar Tree Girl. :) I shop there too but usually it is for plant pots. Once I am inside the store I end up buying lots of things. You have to love those big boxes of candy which are just right for taking into a movie. :) Sorry but I refuse to pay 5 dollars for a box of candy when I can get the same box in the Dollar Tree for 1 dollar. Besides the lines are longer in the Dollar Tree.

I will have to try out some of their other products.

Greg C said...

Oops I meant to say the lines are shorter in the Dollar Tree.

Lori said...

Hi Connie, thanks for stopping by my blog today. I wish we had Dollar Tree stores here! (Well, maybe we do but I just haven't found them.) And your shopping advice from yesterday was awesome. You could be a shopping coach! I've really enjoyed looking at your blog!

Connie Pombo said...

Greg,

I'm with you about movie candy (actually, theaters make more money in concessions than they do in actual tickets...is it any wonder?).

Actually, I discovered Dollar Tree because I take Mark to physical therapy three times a week and later to the pool at LA Fitness. Right in the same complex is the Dollar Tree; I haven't been the same since. Mark has now given me a limit on what I can spend there (I wonder if if I'm really saving at this point because I go in for one thing and return with 20!). SMILE!

Connie Pombo said...

Lori,

I have often thought about being a shopping coach...I love to find bargains. Of course, Pennsylvania is the "outlet capital" of the nation so it's not too hard! No tax on clothes and shoes here(yippee!).