Thursday, June 18, 2009

Christmas in June?

This is very dangerous what I'm about to do. As I explained before (many times), the publishing world works on its own terms. I am a finalist in this upcoming book, but this by no means assures me a spot in its pages.

Most authors think they are home free when the books is featured on www.amazon.com with a real book cover and you have signed the contract, stating that you are a finalist.

But at that point, it is not over...not at all. I have heard veteran authors say it is, but I'm here to tell you it is absolutely not true. The decision rests solely in the hands of the publisher at that point.

I thought we can follow the progress of this book together. It is now listed on Amazon for pre-order, due out in October 2009. Soon, there will be a search for option. At that point, if I search my name and it appears, I can "almost" be certain I'm in the book. But until I receive a copy in my hands (author copy), I am never thoroughly convinced.

This is how publishing works...hurry up and wait. If I'm actually in the book, I will be offering a free copy to the first one who comments.

If that does not come through, I will be offering a "Divas Devotions to Go Christmas Book" due out in October as well...covering the 30 days of Christmas and mine will be December 24, 2009.

Lots of fun things for Christmas in June. I'll keep you posted!

Living Life Passionately,




P.S. When you're tempted to give up in the writing world, check out what other people are saying about the stories you have written. Some say that writing for anthologies does not make an impact on people because you're not the "author." I have a different theory on that: You are the author -- your work was published even though your name may not be on the outside cover. Gary Chapman's Love is a Verb is doing very well on Amazon.com. Read what one person wrote about my story, "Pulling Weeds on Blossom Trail."

There is still a lot of love left in this world and the proof is in the pages of Love is a Verb by Gary Chapman. This book is a collection of 40 stories shared by a variety of people who have experienced acts of true love in their lives. These stories will warm your heart and lift your soul. At the end of each story, Mr. Chapman has written the key points of the story and how we can apply these practices of love in our lives. This is a great book to either read from beginning to end or to just pick up and read a story or two when you just need a little pick-me-up. As I read through the stories in this book, I was given extra hope that there are still loving people out there and the world isn't as bad as the evening news tries to tell us it is. I think my favorite story was the one called "Pulling Weeds on Blossom Trail". I think we have all been in a situation at least once in our lives like the one told about in this story. If we just practice unconditional love, our lives will be much fuller and more joyful. I highly recommend this book. It will put a smile on your face and tears in your eyes. ~C. Kendall

2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

Wow, Connie, not that I'm trying to be the first to comment, but I will comment nevertheless, being an anthology writer myself. You just never know how God will use in people's lives what He has laid on our hearts to write. That's great to hear and I loved your true story too. (I read it while in Borders) Love 'em like Jesus...

Still waiting to hear more on the contract I signed for God Sightings. (grin)

Hugs,
Susan

Connie Pombo said...

Thanks, Susan. I'll be looking for your story in God Sightings!

HUGS!