Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Graduation Day!

Today I'm blogging on Boomer Babes Rock about "graduations" and "careers." Although I talk about my son and his teaching profession (how he found his passion through my cancer diagnosis), I also share reflections on a dear friend who lost her battle with cancer on Monday, February 25, 2008.

Wendi Fox Pedicone was the "warrior princess" of breast cancer and led an amazing four year battle. She did more in that brief window of time than most of us do in a lifetime. She brought hope and humor to millions and I'm honored to call her friend.

You can read more about her life at www.boomerbabesrock.com/blog and at her website: http://www.foxpress.com/about_wendi.asp.


"There is pleasure in new friendships, comfort in old ones, and sweet memories in those we've lost." ~Anonymous

2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

It was a beautiful story on Boomers my friend, both your son and your dear friend.

Much love,
Susan

Connie Pombo said...

February is a hard month for me...all my breast cancer buddies passed away in the month of February and guess what? We have an extra day this month?!?! (Leap Year!)

HUGS!