Monday, July 03, 2006

Bellagio



This picture was taken in 1997 when I first discovered my passion for photography: a moment caught in time. That time, that place, that person will never be the same again. But this photo is forever engraved in my mind! At any moment of the day I can close my eyes and see the snow capped alps of Switzerland, the palm trees, and the sapphire of lakes--Lake Como. Walking through the streets with buildings flag-bedecked, geraniums rustling from every window, bougainvillea veiling the staircases--I knew heaven had to be close by! As I walked into the gardens of Villa Serbelloni, once designed to cradle dukes and duchesses in high luxury, is now the haven for the discreetly wealthy. I, of course, am not! But for one moment in time, I was transported to a time and place that serves as a reminder of what "heaven on earth" looks like. Is it any wonder that the composer Verdi chose to compose "La Traviata" in Cadenabbia across from Bellagio--what a magnificent view he had!

You can see why my love for Italy and the Italian language lends itself to "Living Life Passionately!"

Ci vediamo domani! Ciao tutti!

Connie

1 comment:

Connie Pombo said...

Hi Susan,

Isn't it wonderful that God places "little bits" of heaven on earth for a "preview" of the splendor to come? But you're right, there's so much to do here on earth! We all can make a difference with our passions, like you are with yours--speaking and writing! What a joy it's been to get to know you this past year! I'm so thankful our paths crossed in a "U-Turn."

Love ya,

Connie

Connie