Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

I need to rename my blog -- "The Infrequent Blogger." It seems that I'm posting only on holidays...Christmas and New Year's Eve!

Where did this year go? Are you asking yourself the same question?

It's good that we have a moment of reflection each year to re-evaluate our purpose and maybe throw out some of the things in our agenda that don't fit with what God would have us to do.

I'm in the process of sifting through priorities and asking God for wisdom. This will be a life-changing year in so many ways: a son who is getting married on May 30, 2010; my husband who is retiring and entering a new phase of his life; a book coming out in the spring (Moms of Sons), and working on another one (Coffee Lover's Devotions to Go).



It's been a year of travel with my dear friend, Kathy Pride and her mom, Val. What memories we've had along the way (and Austria was by far the best part of the "world" tour!).

To see the snow-covered alps greet us each morning was breathtaking. It made me want to re-think my career and become a travel writer. Then my knee gave out and I thought, "Maybe I should just sit still for a while." And while I was "sitting" my hubby's back gave out (just as he was recovering from surgery #2 for his broken hip). Two days before that we discussed retiring in Quito, Ecuador! There's something in my spirit that screams "adventure," but then reality sets in...we're not getting any younger!

I'm excited for 2010, but I'm also pausing to be grateful for the opportunities that God has given me in 2009 to minister, to travel, to write, and to do the things that I love the most. What a joy, what a privilege, and what an honor to be able to wake up every morning and know that I'm doing exactly what I've always wanted to do!

I want to leave you with a bit of wisdom for 2010. Remember to always have a "Plan B" -- just in case!


















Wishing you a joyous and prosperous New Year!

No comments: