Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day!

This was an amazing day: our son arrived safely from Cleveland with a few little "take-off" difficulties with the friendly skies, and Kim picked him up at the Baltimore Washington Airport just in time for a fabulous dinner at Kim's parent's home. I have to say it was the most amazing Thanksgiving Day dinner I have ever had and Sally (Kim's mom) pulled out all the stops. And it was the first time we saw Jon and Kim as the "engaged couple."


As a mom, I prayed for both my boys that they would find a loving wife and family; God answered my prayer. The first time you hold your child you have glimpses of what it might be like when they grow up, get engaged, married, and eventually have a family of their own (if they choose). It's hard to believe that 23, almost 24 years, have passed and we are standing on the threshold of seeing that happen (May 30, 2010). This has to be the best Thanksgiving Day of all -- to be part of such an amazing family and to see our "kids" so happy.

I hope your day was as special as mine. Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the book giveaway. I will pick a winner tomorrow, so be sure to leave a comment. Since "Black Friday" will find many of you in the shopping malls, I thought it would be the perfect time to pick a winner!



Blessings and Joy,


No comments: