Thursday, June 12, 2008
How to Make Every Day Great!
The past couple of days have been “interesting” to say the least.
Usually, my summers are spent in writing, but there hasn’t been a whole lot of time for that. Instead, it seems like I’m writing speaking contracts. It doesn’t take a lot of creative talent to do that…you just change the date and the fee!
As all writers, I have my writing goals before me each day, but somehow they keep getting pushed down to the bottom of the list. My “patient” is getting better, which means he wants to be taken out to “play” every day at the pool (therapy). I promised myself when Mark broke his hip, that I would take care of the “caregiver” as much as I was taking care of him. Well, I think at this point, I need to take an assertiveness training course and learn how to say, “No.”
Today I got out my “Ten Rules to Making Every Day a GREAT DAY!” I have no idea who gave it to me, but it’s been in my Bible for years and this morning I read each one out loud. I hope that it helps you as much as it has helped me today. I even went out and took some photographs at a nearby garden. When I’m not taking care of my garden, my garden is taking care of me.
Ten Rules to a Great Day:
1. Think and expect that good things will happen!
2. Express gratitude to a loved one!
3. Let go of your grievances.
4. Be patient with an annoying person (oops!).
5. Do something special for yourself (see photos!).
6. Reach out to someone who needs comfort.
7. Live and fully experience the present moment!
8. Learn from a mistake.
9. Look closely into a flower and see and experience its true beauty.
10. SMILE all day and LAUGH as often as you can!
Have a Great Day Everyone!
writer's life, passionate living, caregiving, taking care of yourself