Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I had the prilvilege of being the keynote speaker at Bensalem Country Club this week addressing breast cancer survivors. As I looked out at the sea of pink, I realized just how courageous these women are; in fact, they are warriors. All the ladies were laughing and having a great time looking through their gift bag of goodies.

Eleven years ago, I sat at my first breast cancer survivor luncheon and wondered just how many more times I would get to attend. It was a feeling of joy to know I had made it a year, but it was mingled with nagging fears of what lie ahead.

But laughter is what got me through (along with a lot of prayer!). Today I'm blogging on Boomer Babes about a funny thing that happened to me on errand day (yesterday). Laughter and tears cleanse the soul and can de-stress even the most difficult days.

When I heard the ripples of laughter among the cancer survivors on Monday, I knew they were well on their way to healing.

Laugher truly is the best medicine!

No comments: