Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"The Wind Beneath My Wings"


I'm posting on Boomer Babes Rock today, so check it out! I'm revealing something about myself I've never told anyone except my husband and my mom (watch out!).
And because I've been "tagged" by my dear friend, Susan Kelly Skitt, I'm also revealing a few more things about me which we will call: 7 Random "Me-Me" Facts!
Unfortunately, I lost the list (I wrote them on a napkin at Starbucks), so this is the new and revised version.
1. I can "fly." Fly on over to Boomer Babes to read the rest of the story!
2. Japanese is my third language (actually fourth!). The first three and half years of my life were spent in Japan and so it was my "play" language. Strangely enough, it comes back to me in "song," like "London Bridges Falling Down." If you want the Japanese version, feel free to e-mail me!
3. I love to take "midnight" walks (around our neighborhood)! I'm a night owl, so I love the stillness and quiet, the moon, the stars, and now the "June" bugs!
4. My favorite flavor of popsicle is "banana." They are hard to find, but when I find them, I buy them in bulk!
5. The smell of the earth after the rain...I guess that's why I love waterfalls too!
6. My dad was in the Air Force for 15 years and so that makes me an Air Force Brat. I never liked that term, but I was fortunate to have lived in many cultures in my lifetime (a world traveler at a young age!).
7. I won a spelling bee in fifth grade (before the days of spell check!).
Okay, now watch out...you're next!
Blessings,
Connie

2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

Love it Connie - I know you're a busy girl so thanks for playing along with this MeMe!

Now lets see, flying, check, Japenese, really? How cool! You'll have to greet me this Saturday in Japenese, okay? Or at the very least sing to me! Midnight walks, I love the early morning walks, does that count? What's next, bananna, really? Do you like bananna cream pie? It's one of my dad's favorites! Earth smell, I agree. I love the feel of the cool wind right before a storm. Air Force, so that explains your moving habits - LOL! And a spelling bee girl - wow - those words having been building up in you for a long time... no wonder you write so well!

Love ya my sister!

Connie Pombo said...

Do you really want me to sing in Japanese? I only know one song...are you ready? "London Bridges Falling Down!"

Yes, spelling bee, but nothing like the "National Spelling Bee." I watched the competition this year and I can't believe all the foreign words they have to spell!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you on Saturday for our book signing!