Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Everything is Coming up "Pink"!






















Everything is coming up pink? Have you noticed? It started last month with pink showing up in the form of soaps, brooms, shopping bags, combs, brushes, hairdryers, Kitchen Aid Appliances, candy, cereal, and -- of course -- roses!

Today is the official kick-off to Breast Cancer Awareness Month and my neighbor, Kim, did not forget. She e-mailed me and said, "I have something to bring over -- be sure you're home."

Ten minutes later, there she was standing in the doorway with a pink rose in her hand. Kim is like a daughter to me; in fact, she calls me her other "mama." It was just like her to remember the first day of PINK as well!

I have to admit, when I was diagnosed 13 years ago, I dreaded the month of October (the month of pink) because it was a painful reminder of the past. Today, it's a delightful reminder of the future...

Everything is coming up "pink"!

Living Life Passionately,






P.S. Anyone who leaves a comment to this post during the month of October, will be entered into a drawing to receive the book, Trading Ashes for Roses, Pink Ribbon Devotions to Go, and a pink rhinestone keychain!





1 comment:

Susan Skitt said...

Connie, how wonderful. She is so thoughtful. I'm so glad to have gotten to know you over the last few years. Amazing how God takes our tragedies and turns them to joys... He is so good.

And I love the pink and black look. I think you should keep it!