Friday, March 07, 2008

"ENFP"

Today I'm blogging on Boomer Babes about "Got Personality." I know we all have one, but do you really understand who you are and how God wired you?

I married my opposite (we usually do!), and we've been married for 32 years. Has it always been easy? No! He is a morning person; I'm an evening person. He likes to sing in the shower; I don't talk until noon. He likes to do triathlons; I like to walk. He likes sunrises and I love sunsets, but we share one thing in common...our love for the outdoors. We have a tradition on his birthday (March 5); we climb to the top of Chickies Rock. It's gorgeous up there with a view of the Susquehanna River and remains one of our favorite picnic places.

We use that time to reflect on the past year and re-evaluate our goals. I'm passionate about nature and so is Mark. We take time to notice the changing of the seasons. Did you realize that spring is on its way!

Our personalities are so different: I'm an ENFP and he's an ISTJ. Do you see any letters that are similar? No! But when we know how one another functions, we can make the journey a little smoother.

God has given us unique gifts, abilities, and passions to be used for his honor and glory. When we understand how we fit in the Body of Christ, we can use them to affect the lives of others for all of eternity. We may have polar opposite personalities, but our love for the Lord is the same and that makes all the difference!

Living Life Passionately!

6 comments:

Greg C said...

I have done several of these things and they always come out the same. I don't fall into any one category. I am dead in the middle. I tend to take some of each category. My personality lets me move into each category as the need arises. It's not that I am fake or anything like that but there are so many areas that I don't feel strongly enough about to make a stand. Now if I do feel strongly, you will never change my mind and get out of my way if you don't support me. LOL

What this does is make people around me feel comfortable no matter which category they are in. If two completely opposite people are arguing, you can bet that they will both come to me and tell me their side in hopes that I will back them up. It happens all the time. I find it is best not to take sides. I don't know if it is a curse or a blessing. The studies I did also said that the world needs lots of people like me because we are the buffers and without us, the world would be an even more hostile place.

I love these surveys.

Connie Pombo said...

You're right, Greg! We so deperately need "buffers" like yourself. Too many people can't "argue" a point without getting into an argument. How wonderful to be able to share your side and hear the other person's point of view without things falling apart. The world would be a better place if we could learn those principles.

I think I know what your Myers-Briggs profile is (but I'll keep it a secret for you!).

Thanks for your valuable input!

Jan Parrish said...

Wonderful post. We celebrated our 25th on March 5th. Our weather wasn't as fabulous as yours.

Susan Skitt said...

Wonderful common ground to STAND on - the Solid Rock!

Jim and I will have to hike that trail with you sometime soon, okay? Looks gorgeous!

Connie Pombo said...

Jan, my friend, Happy Anniversary to you!!! That's a milestone to be sure. Congratulations to you both. March weather can be tricky. I just got back from speaking at a weekend retreat and it rained the entire time, but there was sunshine on everyone's faces. It was a gorgeous retreat center, but no walks in the rain for me.

HUGS!

Connie Pombo said...

Hey Susan,

This is also the place were my guys do rock climbing and where I used to jog...now I'm a treadmill girl. Gorgeous...you should see the sunsets!

HUGS!